When this Policy mentions "otomo", "we", "us", "our", it refers to the otomo Inc. that is responsible for
and disclose your information across otomo platform.
it has the same definition as outlines in our Terms and Conditions.
- 01. Handling of personal information
- We handle the user’s personal information in a lawful and fair manner, abiding by the regulations, social rules,
guidelines and standards of Japan and other countries/regions.
- 02. Definition of personal information
- Personal information is information such as the user’s name, date of birth, and any data that is identifiable with
particular individuals. This includes information that can easily be compared to others which can be then used to
- 03. Collecting personal information
- We will, when obtaining and collecting any personal information, identify the purpose of use thereof and
obtain it to the extent it becomes necessary and through a lawful and fair manner. We may acquire and
use information which cannot be used to identify any particular individuals, such as the examples below,
to operate the service of our website and improve its usability.
- Information of attributes (sex
- History of users's actions on the website (accessed URLs and search history)
- Information of usage settings (IP addresses
- types of browsers
- the language of the browser
- Information of device (identification of device used to view website)
- 04. Reasons for use of personal information
- We try to be as specific as possible with the use of user’s personal information and will not use it for
anything other than the purposes stated below.
- To provide users with access to our services on our platform including matching and other services
- To communicate to users about our services and provide information
- To bill and receive payments from users for our services
- To respond to enquiries about our services
- To survey and analyze situations such as the usage of our services
- To draw statistical data whereby individuals cannot be identified
- To inform users about campaigns and shipments
- To organize and manage seminars and other events
- To manage suppliers' information and execute other business matters
- To operate and manage recruitment
- To execute business outsourced to our company
- 05. Use of personal information in statistical modeling
- otomo may draw up statistical models based on personal information, however this data will be made so
that individuals cannot be identified. We will use this statistical information freely without any limitations.
- 06. Sharing of personal information with third parties
- otomo will not share, sell, rent or trade personal information without the consents of users, excluding the
following situations. Third parties in abroad will be applied same condition.
- When abiding by laws and regulations
- When it concerns the security of life and property of the user
- and it is difficult to get their direct consent
- When promotion of the improvement of public health and the sound growth of children is required
- and it is difficult to get the direct consent of the user
- When there is a need to cooperate with the activities handled in accordance with laws and regulations of national institutions
- local governments or subcontractors
- and requesting the consent of the users may disrupt the operations
- When it is deemed necessary for us to carry out tours stipulated in our Terms and Conditions
- When there is a need to outsource full or partial user’s personal information in order to achieve user’s request for services
- 07.Proper control of personal information
- The Company shall implement safety measures in a suitable manner to prevent any and all Personal Information from being
accessed in an unauthorized manner, from being lost, damaged, altered, or leaked, etc.
- 08. Outsourcing the processing of personal information
- In the scope of achieving intended usage of the service, we will outsource full or partial user’s personal information to
a third party. otomo will take great care in supervising the safe management of personal information, under a signed
contract concerning the protection of personal information with the consigned company.
- 09. Joint use of personal information
- In the scope of achieving intended usage of the service, otomo may jointly use personal information with other
departments within the company under otomo’s management responsibility.
- 10. Correction of personal information
- otomo will correct personal information registered with us under confirmation and examination if requested from a user,
or if they cause hindrance in providing users with our service.
- 11. Disclosure of personal information
- otomo will disclose personal information registered with our website along with the purpose of use if
requested, abiding by the laws of the protection of personal information (principally, no personal
information other than your access log). Further, we may ask for any expenses and fees needed for
postage, in accordance with user’s request for the disclosure.
- 12. Suspension of use and disposal of personal information
- otomo will suspend the use of personal information or dispose of it if requested by the user, abiding by
the laws of the protection of personal information.
- 13. Exemption from the responsibility of personal information
- otomo will not hold responsibility for the acquisition of personal information by the third party in the following instances
- When personal information is disclosed on user's own accord through our services or any way
- When it is possible to identify the individual through information provided on our website
- When personal information is acquired by other websites linked to our website
- When personal information is acquired through acts of injustice by a hacker
will publish the latest version of it on our website. We will assume users have agreed to our newest
before using our services.
- 15. Contact
otomo Inc. Personal Information Management
Mitomi Building 3F, 3-13-3 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033